Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Moving Along






Last night we arrived in San Luis Obispo, about 250 miles down, 350 to go! Bike touring is pretty amazing, but I'm definitely thankful to have a day of rest here. We has our first rain yesterday and the night before, and since we've been sleeping outside it took a bit of a toll on me. I have slept outside a lot, but mostly in places that were hot. I can sleep in 100 degree heat with ants crawling all over me, but once the temperature dips below 50 I have some trouble sleeping on the cold ground. Also, the riding is physically demanding and I am biking with 2 very fit guys. Jon has done this route 4 times already and Josh, having been an avid outdoorman most of his life, flies through the miles with ease. But I am catching up and getting stronger and faster and sleeping better, and I can't wait to keep moving! San Luis Obispo is sunny and beautiful and all of the orange trees are ripe. Yes!

1 comment: